Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The First Step Is Admitting You Have A Problem

Hello my name is Alyse and I have a serious problem with buying office supplies. 

While most children were begging for a chocolate bar at the grocery store I was pleading for a new pack of Crayolas "'cause mom this one has a sharpener on the back!"


So I guess it is safe to say that my irrational love for all things school supply isle began as a kid. However, it wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered the Mecca of craft supplies. 

All hail HOBBY LOBBY supreme retailer of the craft supplies.


Basically, this is the Costco of everything teachery, and crafty, and artsy...Its AMAZING! I am of the belief that its finest of the fine qualities is the mass amounts of paper and stickers to choose from. As someone who has the compulsion to decorate and sticker everything with my own flare and impeccable style I cannot deny the splendor of this place.

These ladies understand!

Now I am sure you are asking yourself...whats the problem with this fine establishment and their awesome items? Nothing! The problem lies in my inability to enter said establishment and not go on some sort of bender. I see stickers at $1.99 a pack and I freak out! I start tricking myself into believing I need them all and I DON"T!

For example, I recently visited Hobby Lobby with the express intention of finding 2 decorative pieces of paper to decorate some binders (shhh! decorative paper is not lame or unnecessary). So I headed to the scrap-booking isles (yes isles plural...told yea this place was amazing). I figured this would be quick and easy...but then like clock work I became mesmerized by, well, EVERYTHING. I walked out an hour later with $30 worth of stuff! What the heck! I mean common! I am a strong willed women who is frugal to boot and yet I am powerless against pens, and paper, and stickers?

I am beginning to fear that I will spend my first years teaching salary on school supplies....eek! Like I said I have a problem.

XOXO




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: