Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy...I'll Show You Busy!

When I was little I thought I knew what busy was. I was convinced that a full day of school a little homework and dinner out with the family was a fully loaded day. HAHA now I call that vacation. (not sure if this is the best or most pathetic statement I have ever made...you can decide).


Honestly, I like being busy...I can't handle having nothing to do....i'll go stir crazy in about 3 and a half minutes. However, when you are little no one explains exactly how much goes into being a grown up.No one told me that the nap option was not a punishment but rather a luxury that would disappear shortly. No one mentioned that bills are like homework but more expensive and with harsher deadlines. NO ONE bothered to explain that driving a car meant giving up a free chauffeur or that having a guaranteed lunch that cost a dollar was the best deal in town. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?


Even getting the mail has lost all its appeal...unless there is a Netflix movie inside, thats still fun. Nonetheless, my point is that I was living in ignorant bliss as a child and it was great. I thought being a grown up meant doing whatever you wanted. I was certain that this also meant lots of free time because there was no school and you had no bed time. All of that turned out to be complete and utter CRAP!


As it turns out, being a grown up consists of long days filled with work (crazy I know!). You have to drive yourself to that job and from that job (who knew?). Turns out you also have to cook and clean AND I have discovered that putting the laundry away was the easy part not the pain in the ass part! 

This is what I thought my days would be like when I was little.

This is reality:
and it includes things like...laundry, internship, work, class, homework, project, meeting, buy toilet paper, eat something preferably something that won't make you fat, get gas in the car, cry, fall asleep while reading a book, ignore technological gadgets, Facebook, save a puppy.

To add insult  to injury there are a litany of other shocking realizations when you enter the busy world of adulthood like:

*The Price of Gas
*TV costs money...and so does the internet
*Telephones cost money too!
*Rent, and Electricity, and Car Insurance are probably all due on the same day.
*Your boss will not give you a free pass if your mom writes you a note (elementary schools lied to me!)
*Putting on your shirt inside out is not endearing and no one will tell you.
*The kids on the Disney channel are not really talented so you will survive when the boy band breaks up.
*There is such a thing as eating to much candy.

Honestly, this list could go on...I haven't even thrown in the cost of a night at the movies let alone a much needed cocktail. To top it all off there are only 24 hours in a day and for some ridiculous reason that is non-negotiable. Oh yea! and bedtime was not a punishment (that one was a shocker!)

Moral of the story kiddos: Adulthood is really goddamn busy!


XOXO



2 comments:

  1. I miss you!!! So we should both stop being busy with our adulthood crap and get together and play with barbies or something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked cutting my barbies hair off so if you wanna do that im down HAHA...then we can make mud pies :)

    ReplyDelete