Sunday, September 19, 2010

If You Feed Me I'll Be Nicer

Its been said (tonight) that I do not share my love for my roommate with the world enough. While I maintain that this statement is false I also want to prove that I think she is awesome. So what do you do when you need to shout from the roof tops "MY ROOMMATE IS AWESOME"....if your me you blog about it! Duh!

*P.S. "my roommate" is an ineffective way to describe said person and so she will henceforth be known as "L-Town".....why???....because its awesome....also because all of the best ways to describe her start with an L: Lady, Loquacious, Liberal, Loud, Lover not a fighter, her name starts with an L, and other stuff but thesaurus.com is letting me down.


Ok....soooo....back to the story.........

Now I am sure you are wondering how this blog topic arose? Well, it all started when I was hungry and acting like a seven year old.


You see I really wanted to hang out with L-Town who I hadn't really seen in 37 years. I also really wanted to eat dinner because all I had eaten all day was a cobb salad and a low-fat blueberry muffin! Anyhow, I eat dinner at the same time as the people at leisure world and it was well past 4 0'clock so I was starving. 

So I text L-Town to see if she had dinner plans or if we could have roommate time and debrief about the many happenings in our thrilling lives.

No Response.

I grumbled to myself about how hungry I was and how I shouldn't have done my homework standing up in the kitchen for two hours and blah blah blah. I bored my own hungry self to tears and  I finally decided to call L-Town.

No Response.

By this point I had already begun to stare idly into my barren kitchen cabinets (I am aware that I should grocery shop but I havent had the time yet). This attempt at pre-occupation proved fruitless and once again I called L-Town.

No Response.

This is where I morphed into a seven year old and called her 4 more times in a row.

No Response.

So I get on facebook and I ask our friend Miller Time if he knows if she is alive and why in the world she is she not answering my calls. I am hungry I explained, and Miller Time, being familiar with how I behave when hungry, sadly told me he didn't know where she was.


I had now reached delirious, sarcastic, indecisive hungry status and just as I was about to give up the phone rang. Miller Time had located my long lost L-Town who had not received any of my 47 phone calls because she had left her phone at home (which is where I was the whole time I was calling her). Nonetheless, I was extremely happy to have found her and told her I wanted to eat dinner with her NOW!

Soon I had joined Miller Time and L-Town and her gentlemen friend (who we shall call B-Town) for dinner....or so I thought. As it turned out the gentlemen had already eaten and it was just us starving ladies left to fight the delirium of menu decision making alone. 



Then, during what felt like an eternity of cook time, I waited incredibly impatiently for my food to arrive. This is where I was reminded of how much nicer I am when you feed me. I am already a rather blunt individual, but when deprived of food I have almost no ability to shut my mouth and the only way to cure it is to FEED ME!



Soon, food arrived at the table and I ate nearly every delicious bite....the asparagus was over done (sad day I know).....and it was like magic, suddenly I was quieter and nicer and not hungry or delirious. I was CURED!

However, I got accused of not proclaiming my love for my awesome roommate about 15 minutes later and I had to rush home and show the world how awesome she really is.....see....I do like her.......


Moral of this story:
I really love my awesome fabulous roommate &&&&& If you feed me i'll be nicer.

XOXO






4 comments:

  1. hahaha I am the same way! FEED ME! I either become a total bitch or a whining baby, but neither one is a pretty site. It's a simple cure, though, so I don't feel so bad about it usually - just FEED ME!
    and I love the picture of you and L-Town :) cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lace-Face I am so glad you can symphathize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha lack of food will make people go crazy, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! I am in that first picture (was that what you were telling me today at our SAC meeting? I thought you said you commented on my blog...but I didn't have any comments from you, so maybe you just said I was in your blog) and also, I think I took the last picture. :)

    I am glad you love your roommie so much! I love mine too :)

    Also, the picture of the seven year old is awesome. I turn into a crabby 5 year old who is on the verge of throwing a temper tantrum when I am not fed or do not have a needed nap. Ask Dean. It's not pretty.

    Love you! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete