Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I may have been raised like the oldest child but I am not. I have a big brother who is 11 years older than me and was plenty big enough to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of my arrival on the planet. However, this also means that he was old enough to realize that small children are basically parrots and will repeat nearly anything they are asked to....especially if you are as adorable as I was. (see!)


Not only was he old enough to recognize that I had human parrot potential, he was also a boy who loved sports and had perfected the art of armpit farts. So soon he began to teach me things like who his favorite athletes were and I would proceed to jumping off the bed screaming things like "LUC ROBITAILLE!" or "DARYL STRAWBERRY!" I, of course, did this with a lot of emphasis and plenty of gusto. I am sure this was endlessly entertaining for the both of us or why the heck would I have done it repeatedly? I also remember having and affinity for the letter B so from time to time i'd shake things up and throw in a "LETTER B" while hurling myself from my mattress top launching pad. You see, at the ripe old age of 2 the letter B and a big shot athlete were basically all the same thing and obviously of equal importance. Nonetheless, this was brother sister bonding time and I was going to make sure to ham it up and really get the most out of this undivided attention.

As I grew older my desire to repeat things like some sort of fabulous feather friend dwindled and we moved on to bigger and better things...like Yahtzee (naturally)! Of course there were other adventures in the world of big sister little brother entertainment. For example, if you older brother happens to be a football player or at least in decent shape beat the crap out of him. I was 11 years younger how much damage could I do? Well, I didn't have the answer to that one either so i figured i'd punch him till I found out. I have a sneaking suspicion that this was far less entertaining for him than my days as a squawking acrobat were, for me however, it was fabulous! Nonetheless, he found a way to even the score, like using me and my sisters incredible good looks to lure in the ladies. Our chubby cheeks and charismatic personalities were just to adorable to resist...smart fellow this brother of mine.

However, our days as chick magnets came and went, but in the end, I applaud my brothers ability to seize the rare monkey see, monkey do opportunity that flashed before him. It takes a stroke of genius and probably a little guts to take on the challenge of having a sister (as cute as me) and he has done it with grace and little personal pizzaz. Nonetheless, when it's all said and done he can at least be thankful we didn't force him into the endless rounds of pretty pretty princess that our dad endured! So for old time's sake LUUUUUC ROBITAILLE!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. lol I am sure he did appreciate the awesomeness of your arrival haha I miss you Pookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the first few lines of this. Not that I don't like the rest of the lines, you know what I mean.

    This entry makes me wish I had an older brother! lol

    It's awesome that we just talked about this today! Good stuff! I loved our four hour long date by the way- we must have more!

    I hope your brother appreciates the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss you too bsquared!

    Shannaners! I am down for a coffee date anytime they are ALWAYS the bestest. Plus I think the blondie at sbux was flirting with me so we gotta go back and see what's up with that!

    ReplyDelete